So you have a Free Shopify Theme and it has been a good experience. You are thinking of upgrading because you have checked out all the featured stores from Shopify and they look awesome.
Well before you go spend some serious money you need to ask a few questions.
Here are just a few to consider:
- Will this theme function correctly on mobile?
- Does the order flow have any extra steps before checkout?
- Will my existing apps integrate with the new theme?
- What features on the home page will i have access too?
- Does it support Twitter and Instagram feeds?
- Can I upload a logo?
- Does it support video, slide shows, featured images with links on home page?
- How does the zoom function work? Is it good or bad?
- Can I change the colours of everything, especially the buy now buttons?
- Will it work with the type of products I am selling?
- Does it handle navigation well?
- Does it allow for popups or message bars?
- Does it allow currency switching?
- Will the new theme convert better than the old one?
- Does the new theme appeal to your customers?
These are just some of the questions I asked myself just today when i was choosing a new theme. Now if you screw up and choose the wrong one, you can always purchase another. It’s just money. lol.
Anyhow I chose Weekend.
The cost was $160US. Very happy with it. Now all the hard work begins to adding code for facebook pixels, app integration, etc.
Here is the link to Weekend theme.
Don’t buy a theme until you really need too. You can spend a fortune on apps and themes and make a sale. I suggest you make sales with a free theme until you ready to increase your conversion rate.
Check ya later